PACIFIC MEDIA NETWORK STANDARD PROMOTION OR COMPETITION RULES
"PMN" refers to Pacific Media Network and the National Pacific Media Trust.
The "Promoter", for a particular promotion or competition, is a client of PMN specifically engaged to
support that promotion or competition.
"Disqualified Participants" are:
(a) Employees of the Promoter or PMN and their Immediate Families;
(b) Employees of any of the Promoter's agencies that are associated with the Promotion and their
(c) Any person who the Promoter have previously notified is not permitted to enter the
(d) A prize sponsor, or an employee of a prize sponsor, and their Immediate Families.
"Immediate Families" includes spouses, de facto partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children
(whether by natural or by adoption) and grandchildren, whether by marriage, past marriages,
remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
1) These promotion or competition rules ("the Rules") apply to all PMN promotions or
competitions (the "Promotion") conducted by means of any medium. The Rules may change
from time to time or be supplemented with specific rules or terms ("Specific Rules") for any
2) The Promotion is only open to New Zealand residents unless otherwise agreed in writing
between parties, and may be applicable to unique events, competitions or promotions outside
of New Zealand on a case-by-case basis. Disqualified Participants may not enter the
3) The Promoter is required to supply all relevant and accurate information to PMN outlining the
minimum age criteria for a particular Promotion.
4) If a particular Promotion is open to entrants under 18 years of age, PMN may require those
entrants to have parental or guardian approval to enter. The parents or guardian of such
entrants must read and consent to the Rules and any Specific Rules. The parents or guardians
may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to
the minor entering the Promotion.
5) No purchase is necessary to win or participate in the Promotion, unless specified in the Specific
6) Promotion's commencement and end dates will be determined in accordance with the
relevant agreement between the Promoter and PMN.
7) These entry requirements apply to all PMN platforms and channels, including but not limited
to social media, website, radio, text, and landline.
8) To enter the Promotion, an eligible individual must apply as per the stipulated requirements
for valid entry for a particular Promotion, including applying within the dates specified for
which applications must be made.
9) Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be an acceptance of the Rules and the Specific Rules,
and confirmation that the entrant is not a Disqualified Participant and has the necessary
authority to enter the Promotion.
10) If the Promotion involve texting, the following apply:
a. Standard SMS text charges will apply, unless stated otherwise in the Specific Rules,
and will depend on the entrant's particular plan or agreement with their service
b. Any form of automated text message is invalid.
LIMITS ON ENTRY
11) Multiple entries are permitted where stipulated/or permitted by a particular Promotion,
subject to the following:
a. Each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the applicable entry
b. The entries will be renewed each day so that entries will expire at the end of each day,
and entrants will have the chance to re-enter the next day where applicable.
12) PMN reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if PMN
decides, in its sole discretion, that the entrant has not complied with these Rules (including
the Specific Rules associated with a particular Promotion), or if he or she has acted in a way
which PMN reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful, offensive, or otherwise not in
the spirit of the Promotion.
13) If the winning entry is disqualified, PMN reserves the right to award the prize to another
entrant without notice to the disqualified entrant(s).
14) Where a winner is selected by a voting mechanism, PMN's decision on voting arrangements
and validity of votes will be final. PMN reserves the right to disqualify anyone who is suspected
of engaging in, or benefitting from, irregular or fraudulent voting.
15) Prize draws will take place at Pacific Media Network, 2 Osterley Way, Level 4, Manukau ("the
PMN Office"). The draws will be made using a random generator, and the Promoter reserves
the right to draw additional entries in case of an invalid entry or invalid entrant. Competition
prize draws may occasionally take place outside of the PMN Office at PMN-sponsored events
or community engagement events across New Zealand.
16) Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize ("Winner").
Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are non-transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be
taken as cash unless otherwise specified. No other family members, friends, office associates
or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner's behalf.
17) The Winner will be contacted via one or more of the following:
a. mobile phone;
c. text message;
d. landline; or
e. social media messaging service.
18) Upon claiming a prize, the Winner may be required to provide proper identification (e.g. a
driver's license, passport, or birth certificate). If the Winner is under 18 years of age, their
parent or legal guardian must accompany them or give their written consent to the award of
19) If the Winner is unreachable after reasonable efforts on behalf of PMN to contact them, the
prize will be forfeited. If a prize is worth less than $250 NZD and is a live-to-air draw, the prize
is deemed to have been forfeited by the Winner after one failed attempt at contacting the
20) Prizes must be collected within 30 days. If for any reason the Winner does not claim a prize or
an element of the prize within 30 days, the prize or element of a prize is forfeited and is
unredeemable. If a prize is not collected, it will be regarded as forfeit.
21) If the Winner does not accept these Rules or Special Rules, the prize will be forfeited.
22) If, for the reasons outlined in Rules 18 to 21, a prize is forfeited PMN reserves the right to:
a. retain the prize;
b. redraw the prize at a later date; or
c. return unclaimed prizes to the Promoter.
23) Winners take their prize, or any element of a prize, entirely at their own risk and indemnify
PMN in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may
occur in connection with the prize. Winners are responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs
that may be associated with any prize, or element of a prize, that they may receive. Winners
accept any prize, or element of any prize, subject to any associated terms and conditions and
restrictions they may have.
24) Prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by a third party (for
example, vouchers may have additional terms and conditions and/or an expiry date).
25) The Promotion is governed by New Zealand law.
26) Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
27) If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter and PMN reserves the right,
in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
28) PMN reserves the right to remove/or refuse any advertising and promotional content across
PMN-owned audio, digital, and physical platforms which are in breach of the New Zealand
Broadcasting Standards Authority Code of Conduct and/or Advertising Standards Authority
29) PMN reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, cancel or terminate the Promotion and/or
vary these Rules at any time without prior notice.
30) PMN takes no responsibility for any inability to enter or participate in the Promotion due to
equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, misspellings,
Force Majeure or otherwise.
31) To the fullest extent permitted by law PMN will not be liable for any loss or damage
whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as
a result of entering or winning the Promotion.
32) PMN's decision is final in relation to the selection of a Winner, any dispute regarding the Rules,
and/or the conduct or the results of a particular Promotion.
33) Where a particular Promotion is conducted across social media:
d. Entrants' conduct must comply with the rules of that social media platform.
e. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated
with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Snapchat. These social media platforms are in
no way responsible for any aspect of the Promotion.
34) By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to the use of their names, photographs, videos,
voices and likeness for promotional/advertising purposes, agree to make themselves
reasonably available for this purpose, and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration
for such use. Any copyright associated with an entry will be owned by PMN.
35) PMN will collect, store and use the personal information provided by entrants only for the
purposes of administering the Promotion, future PMN promotions, and audits. PMN will share
entrants' personal information with third parties as required to provide any prizes, or
elements of prizes won.
36) Entrants' personal information will not be shared internally or with third parties unless
otherwise stated. Entrants' personal information may be used in cross-referencing to ensure
no entrants have connections to the Promoter, the Promoter's third party agencies and PMN
staff. All personal information will remain confidential at all times.
37) By participating, entrants grant PMN permission to store and use their provided personal